Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Afrikan Pledge

I pledge allegiance to my African People.

I pledge to develop my mind and body to the greatest extent possible.

I will learn all that I can in order to give my best to my people in our struggle for liberation [resolution]* through revolution.

I will keep myself physically fit, building a strong body free from drugs and other substances which weaken and make me less capable of protecting myself, my family and my African Brothers and Sisters.

I will unselfishly share my knowledge and understanding with others in order to bring about changes more quickly.

I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and constructively rather than wasting time in idle hatred.

I will train myself not to hurt or allow others to harm my African Brothers and Sisters, for I recognize that we need every African man, woman, and child to be physically, mentally and psychologically strong.

These principles I pledge to practice daily and teach to others in order to unite my people in the struggle for freedom through independence.

UHURU!
Received from Chairman Fred Hampton Jr., Chairman POCC

*Added for my understanding

1 comment:

vivacious vivian said...

I will continue to heal mentally, spiritually, and physically so that I can become a strong Afrikan warrior, so that I can help my people and not give up on them.

That's my pledge as a Black Afrikan Sister.

Vivian