Saturday, April 21, 2007

Unanswered 10-7

These questions weren't neglected. This Goddess made her transition shortly after retirement. She was youthful and beautiful and I thank her for her time on conversation.

Our time was short, but she made an impression on me...

ASE.

1. Why did you decide to change your diet and what benefits have you seen from this diet change?

2. What are some foods that have been beneficial to you?

3. What types of foods should people stop eating right now?

4. Why is it important to read the labels and ingredients list on processed foods?

5. If one is eating processed foods, what are three (or so) food additives to
avoid?

6. Will you explain the concept of "shifting"?

7. Why have black women had to master this process?

8. Do you believe this technique is detrimental to the mental well being of
women? Why or why not?

9. As Queen Mother, what 4 pieces of advice would you leave your grandchildren?

10. Please name three (or so) of your favorite book.

2 comments:

vivacious vivian said...

testing

vivacious vivian said...

I have been having trouble getting back to this blog, that is why I tested first.

I will answer what I can.

1. Since retiring, I have put back on the weight and more after I came from Florida; my teeth were removed for medical reasons and I had mouth surgery.

2. Non-fat yogurt, cottage cheese tweens, jello, non-fat puddings, splitpea soup, unsalted crackers, cereal-Cheerios, whole wheat, Special K, rice crispies-, tomato soup, tuna, fish fillets and sticks, and turkey balls and lunch meats. Also, apple sauce, V8 Infusions, and peach and pear fruit cups.

3. According to my readings, some of the exact foods that I have been eating that have been beneficial to me: milk pro- ducts, sugar substitutes, and turkey. Turkey, chicken, pork, and beef because they use the female animals and they pace on hormones.

4. To check If they have natural ingredients, instead of preservatives and chemicals.

5. From what I have been reading, it is best to go organic. I'm sure it's apartame, perservatives, and harmful chemicals. Even though we did have a case a few months ago about Salinas farmers using animal manure to help grow their vegetables and fruits.

6., 7., and 8. I don't know the answers.

9. I wasn't blessed as a biological mother, but I have an adopted daughter and four step-daughters. My advice would be to eat more or drink more vegetables, avoid fatty foods, process sugar foods, and fried foods, eat more organic foods, but make sure that they were not grown with animal manure, and don't smoke, do drugs, and drink alcoholic beverages. Also, avoid foods with sugar substitutes that contain apartame.

10. My favorite books of all times are "Malcom X," "The Color Purple," and "Mandingo." It was horrible that this man, Mandingo, allowed himself to be boiled to death, instead of being shot because of his misdeed with the white missus. It shows the warp thinking of some of our slave ancestors. It's been a long time since I read this book, so my memory might be faulty. I also recommend any book written by Samual Greenland, Alice Walker, Maya Angelou, and Nikki Giovanni (probably mispelled).

______Vivian